There are many reasons why turning your shake into a smoothie can be a great addition to your day. They are easy to make and customizable. Not only that, if made with healthy inclusions, they can really pack a nutritional punch. And…smoothies love protein. They can be made dairy-free, gluten free, and even green; they are kid friendly, mom approved – all around goodness
Smoothies can be a great addition to your day for many reasons. They are easy to make and customizable. Not only that, if made with healthy inclusions, they can really pack a nutritional punch. And…smoothies love protein. Try your next one dairy-free, gluten free, or even green; they are kid friendly, mom approved – all around goodness
Four must have ingredients for a stellar shake include:
- Liquid. Many people use milk or an alternative such almond, cashew or coconut; water works as well or if you’re looking for a sweeter option, there’s always juice.
- Fruit. Frozen fruit can double as your sweetener and add an icy edge. Summer is the best time to freeze your favourite local and regional fruits. Add berries, peaches, apples – the farmer’s market is the limit! But act quick before the season ends.
- Protein. Our clean, high quality and delicious proteins come in a variety of flavours including mango and strawberry cream. Frozen bananas + Kaizen® Naturals™ Decadent Chocolate Whey Protein = a smoothie that tastes like dessert! Of course, nut butters, hemp seeds and yogurt can also be fabulous sources of protein.
- Greens. Adding greens such as spinach or kale to a smoothie is a mom hack for certain. Hardly recognizable, a great way to give salad the day off, and obviously great for your body.
Additional Power House Add-ons to Take Your Shake to the Next Level:
- Coconut Oil. Try adding MCT oil to coconut milk, pineapple and mango whey for a tropical tasting treat.
- Fibre. Getting enough fibre keeps your digestive track on track. Flaxseeds are rich in fibre, so too is psyllium husks.
- Cacao. Comes directly from the cacao bean, contains antioxidants and can add a level of decadence to any smoothie. (Think dark chocolate (cacao), coconut flakes and strawberries with a scoop of strawberry whey – yum!)
- Matcha. Green tea superstar, Matcha also comes in a variety of flavours to enhance your smoothie awesomeness.
So next time you’re rocking the blender, think about taking your smoothie to the next level. Think smoothie bowls, add fresh fruit, power foods and a little extra goodness to your day.