2 tbsp. ghee or coconut oil 1 large onion, chopped 2 large carrots, chopped 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 stalk celery, chopped 1 butternut squash, washed, peeled, de-seeded and cut into small cubes 6 cups gluten free vegetable or chicken stock (choose low-sodium or use homemade) 1/2 tsp. coriander 1 tbsp. mild yellow curry powder (optional) 1 large sprig fresh rosemary 1 tsp. sea or Himalayan salt 1 tsp. pepper
gluten free croutons roasted seasoned chickpeas full fat organic cream or crème fresh
- In a large pot, heat oil and sauté the garlic and onion until soft.
- Add carrots, squash, spices, stock of choice and rosemary sprig. Bring to a light boil and simmer with a lid covered until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Turn off heat and take out the rosemary sprig. Let cool.
- Blend with an immersion blender or poor soup into a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Once soup is smooth, it is ready to eat or store for later. You can store it in freezer/fridge safe glassware.
- Enjoy with any toppings, but we like to add some gluten free croutons and a drizzle of olive oil.