Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Energy Balls
|1 cup||rolled oats|
|1 1/2 scoops||Kaizen Naturals® Whey Protein Decadent Chocolate (can substitute with Kaizen Naturals® Whey Isolate or Kaizen Naturals® Vegan Protein)|
|1/3 cup||creamy almond butter|
|2 tbsp||ground flax|
|1/2 cup||non-dairy milk (i.e. almond or cashew)|
|2||medjool dates, pitted|
|1/2 cup||dark chocolate chips|
Makes 20-24 protein balls
- Mix all ingredients, except dark chocolate chips, in a food processor, scraping down the sides as needed, until a doughy texture is achieved.
- Transfer dough to a large mixing bowl, then stir in ½ cup dark chocolate chips.
- Use approximately 1 heaping tbsp. of dough to roll into a ball shape with your hands.
- Once all the energy balls are rolled, place them in an airtight container in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to set.
- Store in the fridge for several days, or freezer for several weeks (thaw before eating).
Recipe Courtesy of Zakiya Lalani