Coffee Crisp Protein Bites
|1 cup||raw almonds|
|2/3 cup||almond butter|
|2 tbsp||ground coffee|
|2 1/2 tbsp||mini chocolate chips|
|2 scoops||Kaizen Naturals® Vegan Protein Chocolate|
|3 1/2 tbsp||chocolate chips|
|1/2 tbsp||coconut oil|
1. Place almonds into a food processor and process until roughly ground. Add in the almond butter and dates and continue to process until it starts to form a paste.
2. Add in the ground coffee and chocolate chips and process until combined.
3. Lastly, add in the protein powder and process until a thick dough is formed. If dough is too dry, scrape the sides down and add a tbsp of water at a time until it starts to get a little moist.
4. Once dough is fully combined and formed, scoop out with a spoon and form bites. Place the bites on a parchment lined sheet and set them in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes.
5. Melt chocolate and coconut oil on a double boiler or in a microwave. Allow the melted chocolate to sit for a few minutes.
6. Remove the bites from the freezer and lightly coat them in chocolate. Once the bites are coated, place them back in the freezer for another 20 minutes.
7. Remove from freezer and transfer to an airtight container to store in the fridge.
Recipe courtesy of Tiana Pollari