Lemon Poppyseed Cookies
|1/8 cup||coconut oil, melted and cooled|
|2/3 cup||cane sugar|
|juice from 1||lemon|
|1-2 tbsp||lemon zest|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|1 1/4 cup||almond flour|
|1 1/4 cup||gluten-free all-purpose flour|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp||baking soda|
|1 tbsp||poppy seeds|
|1/2 cup||powdered monk fruit sugar|
|1-2 tbsp||lemon juice|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mix coconut oil, sugar, egg, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together both flours, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and poppy seeds. Stir to combine.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix well until a soft dough forms.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the cookies in even circles and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes. You want the bottoms/edges to be slightly golden brown, but the center should be very soft and almost raw.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once completely cooled, whisk together the powdered monk fruit sugar and lemon juice until creamy. Drizzle over the cookies and sprinkle with extra poppy seeds if desired. Enjoy!
If you want to make these vegan, simply use a flax egg instead of a regular egg in the recipe - 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water.
Instead of cane sugar, you can also use coconut sugar.
If you can't find powdered monk fruit, buy the granulated kind and simply add 1/2 cup to your blender to make a fine powder.
Recipe courtesy of Michelle Garland