Protein Banana Bread
coconut oil, melted
|½ cup||maple syrup|
|2||eggs (or 2 flax eggs)|
|2||large ripe bananas, mashed|
|1 scoop||Kaizen Naturals® Vegan Protein Vanilla Bean|
|1 ¾ cups||spelt flour (or all-purpose gluten-free flour)|
|¼ cup||nut milk|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|1 tsp||baking soda|
|½ tsp||sea salt|
|½ tsp||ground cinnamon|
chocolate chips (optional)
chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the coconut oil and honey together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and nut milk.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt and whisk to blend. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle on top cinnamon, chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
Recipe Courtesy of Michelle Garland