Crispy Coffee Protein Bites
|2 scoops||Kaizen Naturals Vegan Protein in Decadent Chocolate|
|1 Cup||Almonds (raw)|
|2/3 Cup||Almond or other nut butter|
|2 TSP||Ground coffee|
|2.5 TBSP||Mini chocolate chips|
|3.5 TBSP||Chocolate chips|
|1 TBSP||Coconut oil|
- Place almonds into a food processor and process until roughly ground.
- Add in the almond butter and dates, and continue to process until it starts to form a paste.
- Add in the ground coffee and chocolate chips, and process until combined.
- Add in the protein powder and process again, until a thick dough is formed. If dough is too dry, scrape the sides down and add one TBSP of water at a time until it gets more moist.
- Once dough is fully combined and formed, scoop out with a spoon and form bites. Place the bites on a parchment-lined sheet, and set in freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and transfer to an air-tight container. Store in fridge!
If coating them in chocolate, melt chocolate and coconut oil on a double boiler or in a microwave. Allow chocolate to sit for a couple minutes. Remove the bites from the freezer and lightly coat in the chocolate. Once coated, place them back in the freezer for another 20 minutes.
Recipe by Tiana Pollari.